Since the end of September I have seen pumpkins all around me because I frequent the grocery store so much. I got to thinking Hmm, I wonder if pumpkins would make a good facial mask somehow? I did some research (aka googling) and found out that pumpkins are actually good for the skin.
Pumpkin Pros (source)
- High in zinc.
- Contains vitamins A & C, which are anti-oxidants that fight free radicals.
- Has natural enzymes that help to dissolve dry skin cells.
- Contains the acne fighting vitamins E &T.
Pumpkin Facial Mask Recipe (source)
- 1 Small pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon of Olive Oil (great for moisture)
Directions: Cut pumpkin into chunks, remove the insides, and boil pieces until soft.
Remove the skin and mash pumpkin chunks together until creamy.
Let mixture cool.
In a separate bowl/dish, take 2 teaspoons of mashed pumpkin and add 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
Mix ingredients together very well.
How to Apply the Mask
- Cleanse your skin with your choice of facial cleanser.
- Apply pumpkin mask to skin and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove with a damp towel and apply your usual moisturizer.
This was my first time making and using this mask and I love it! My skin looked brighter and felt very smooth. You can use this once everyday or every other day. Too bad pumpkin season isn't year round. I put my leftover pumpkin mash in the freezer until I need to use it again, so it won't spoil.